- Melusine’s Footprint: Reflections on the Publication of a First Book
- Preliminary Survey for an exciting new initiative: “Teaching Celtic Literature in the Generalist Classroom!”
- Wordless Wednesday: This month in mugs…..
- Progress … doesn’t always look like progress (a post [mostly] on research and publication)
- AY 2017-2018 Begins: Here Are Some Behind-the-Scenes Glimpses into the Making of an Online Course.
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
Monthly Archives: November 2015
I belong to an online forum that comprises a variety of educators at every step of the game, from veteran tenured professors to new graduate teaching assistants. Recently, the discussion turned to the question of taking incompletes in graduate classes, … Continue reading
Heads up that this is the second of those two, intensely-long and wildly busy end-of-term weeks I warned you about in the last post….. after this, things settle down. A little. Research Thomas Ohlgren and Lister Matheson, Early Rymes of … Continue reading
Research Thomas Ohlgren and Lister Matheson, Early Rymes of Robyn Hood (ACMRS 2013) Thomas Ohlgren and Stephen Knight, Robin Hood and Other Outlaw Tales (TEAMS 2000) Rosemary Horrox and W. Mark Ormrod, A Social History of England, 1200-1500 (Cambridge 2006) … Continue reading
Research Clari’s Saga, trans. Dennis Kearney Geraldine Barnes, Counsel and Strategy in Middle English Romance (Boydell and Brewer, 1993) Andrew Cowell, The Medieval Warrior Aristocracy (Boydell and Brewer, 2007) Thomas Ohlgren and Lister Matheson, Early Rymes of Robyn Hood (ACMRS … Continue reading
Research “Clari’s Saga,” in Riddarasögur volume 5, ed. Bjarni Vilhjalmsson , checked against Dennis Kearney’s 1990 unpublished edition and translation. Sarah Kay, “Original Skin: Flaying, Reading and Thinking in the Legend of St. Bartholomew and Other Works,” Journal of Medieval … Continue reading