- Progress … doesn’t always look like progress (a post [mostly] on research and publication)
- AY 2017-2018 Begins: Here Are Some Behind-the-Scenes Glimpses into the Making of an Online Course.
- Writing a Book Review (Or: What the Book Review Genre *Is* and–More Importantly–What it is *Not*)
- A Little Glimpse Into What I’ve Been Working On….
- Teaching an online class for the first time: things to consider
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
Category Archives: Short and Sane
Check in, fellow grad students. It’s the end of the term: Who else feels like this right now? Yeah, the end of the term is a little crazy. Whatever you do, don’t forget to indulge yourself a little in … Continue reading
I don’t know how my fellow grad students out there in Cyberland are currently doing but for me, today was one of those days in the second half of a term when you feel a wee bit panicky. When you … Continue reading
I recently had a discussion with a former student of mine who was worried about possibly failing a test. I told him, “failing means you’re learning.” I thought, “eeeeep, how would I respond if I thought I had failed something … Continue reading
As grad students, we tend to forget that NOBODY works ALL THE TIME. Our workloads have a nasty habit of sliding into our personal lives until it’s all so jumbled up that we forget to remember to have a life. … Continue reading